Halloween Houses Week 2 - Applique

Welcome to the Halloween Houses Quilt Along Week 2! If you are not sure what this is about please visit the Halloween Houses Quilt Along page to learn all about it. You can grab a blog button and find the link to my free Halloween Houses Pattern on Craftsy in that post.

This week I have another YouTube video for you demonstrating how I applique my doors and windows onto my Halloween Houses. Below the video are a couple of more blocks.

Download the free pattern here.

So how is everyone doing? Are you sewing along with me? I am the only one who has photos in the #HalloweenHousesQAL hashtag on Instagram so I'm not sure if anyone is with me or not. :) I'm still having fun though. It will be exciting to see what other people are making when you have some blocks ready.






This block is a block I am calling the "Cul-de-Sac" block. I'm not sure if everyone around the world calls them Cul-de-Sacs but in Canada when a street is basically a dead end and at the end of the street the houses curve around a circular section of pavement it is called a Cul-de-Sac. Eventually I may work out how to make that using curved piecing but to keep it simple I have made a square block using the 5" houses from my Week 1 Post. I have all the houses facing each other with a green charm square in the middle to represent the front lawns. I will add a border of background fabric around the block so it will fit in with the 9" houses in my quilt.

Here is an improv block that I sewed this morning where I fussy cut my doors and windows. On this block we get a peek into one of the houses to see what might be happening in there and we see a cute little witch! :)

I will have my improv blocks video up next Wednesday on YouTube and here on the blog next Friday.