Gnome Swap

Hello! Just popping in here on the blog quickly before I run out to school pick-up so I can show you what I sent to my partner in the Gnome Swap in Instagram.

I appliqued some Gnoma Claus onto a giant nine patch. Fabrics are Winterkist (gnomes) and Holiday Happy by Monica Solorio-Snow for Lecien. This is Christmassy, yes, but still cute. :) And I like that the snowflakes coordinate with the pattern on the black gnomes. There are mini gnomes on the binding too. I used a variegated thread with pink, blue and yellow in it for the quilting. This was my first time trying out a double loop for free motion quilting.

I also made this gnome out of felt. It is all hand stitched. This is a free pattern from Ric Rac. You can find the pattern here.
Both projects were loads of fun to make. I still plan to make the Santa version of the little felt guy above.

I also sent out a little garden gnome and sign for a plant pot, a book called "How To Survive A Garden Gnome Attack" (hilarious!) and some fussy cut Heather Ross gnomes. My partner was happy so I am happy! :)

I received an awesome package too! Check out photos in my Instagram feed to see the paper pieced gnome purse and accessories I received. And a crocheted gnome too!