Summer Days Tote Bag

My Summer Days Tote Bag is being featured on the Mad About Patchwork blog today. I won a fat eighths bundle in their Summer "Pitch It to Win It" contest and then added a few more  fabrics from my own stash to the mix. My tutorial on how I made this bag is over on the Mad About Patchwork blog so head over there for all the details. They have the "Summer Days" bundle available in their shop at www.madaboutpatchwork.com if you want to make a bag like mine.


The front of the bag with grass, sky, a Dresden sun and yo-yo flowers.
I did reverse applique for the mushrooms growing in the grass.

The back of the bag. This was my first time machine pieceing hexagons.

The dresden sun in the sky and some hand stitching around the top of the bag.


Yo-Yo flowers with oval yo-yo leaves.