Tuesday, 15 July 2014

My Colouring Page for the Celestial Star Quilt Along

I usually try to avoid Quilt Alongs these days as I wind up with WIPs that sit for a year. (As you will see in my WIP Wednesday post.) This one caught my eye though for two reasons: 1. the block design is very cool 2. it's a skill that I need help with learning and that is - Paper Piecing! So here I am taking part in the Celestial Star Quilt Along over at From Blank Pages.


Here is my colouring page. I wanted a rainbow colours quilt. I will probably sew a 24 inch wall hanging to start. I tried to convey low volume fabric in the diamonds in the white ring by colouring lightly. One thing I have already learned here is that I need more pencil crayon options. 24 colour choices is not cutting it! But I am happy with how this block looks and I plan to go with it.

Now I'm going to go sit down and have a read through Diane's amazing pattern that I bought from her Etsy shop. Head over here to see the sponsors and schedule. In addition to learning new things there are also prizes. :)

2 comments:

  1. I just love a rainbow. Looking forward to seeing your outcome. And it's always nice to come across another Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hate it when you're done with it, you can send it to me ;) but I bet it will be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. It means a lot that you took the time. :) I have turned off word verification to try to make commenting easier for you. This means I now must limit who can comment to registered users.