What I'm Working On...

Hi! It's been a few weeks since I wrote a blog post so I thought I'd write a quick little one of what I'm working on. Mostly I've been working on hand quilting my Bloom Bloom Pow quilt (designed by Lee of Freshly Pieced... there's a button in my side bar) while watching the Olympics.



 I think I am getting better at it as time goes on. I'm on my fifth or sixth bloom now.
 I'm pretty sure I want to use these fabrics in my Pantone Colour of the Year Quilt (look for a button for that one in my side bar too) but I am having trouble deciding what quilt to make.
And I have added to my collection of slabs for my quilt of Valour that I'm working on. Although I am trying to use up scraps I actually had to buy some fabrics for colours that I don't have very much of in my stash such as yellow and orange.

So that's what I've been up to. I hope to write another tutorial for March as well. Remember my HST heart pillow that I posted at the beginning of the month? (There's a tutorial for it under the "tutorials" tab) I entered it in a "Gifts of Love" challenge on the Sew Mama Sew blog and I won! So I will have a couple of new quilting books coming to me in the mail. I am so excited about that! I will be sure to show them to you when they arrive.

I started a full time job with the Government of Canada so I'm finding that there are not quite enough hours in the day these days. This job only goes until June but I hope it will lead to further opportunities. Fingers crossed. :) This job is a great opportunity in itself for now.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.