Saturday, 1 February 2014

Finished Tops!

I was busy sewing last weekend as well as today and yesterday. So I have some quilt finished quilt tops to show on my blog. Yay! :)

 First, I finally finished my String of Pearls quilt top from the quilt-a-long last summer! It only took a few hours to get finished. I don't know why I let it sit for so long. There is my dog thinking about lying down on it. This is going to have to sit a bit more now until I get some backing and batting for it.
 In the summer of 2012 we took a little trip to Drumheller, Alberta and visited the Royal Tyrell Museum of Paleontology. While in Drumheller, I visited the quilt shop there and picked up these dinosaur fabrics. They have sat since then. When I pulled out the "String of Pearls" blocks these fabrics were underneath in the drawer so I pulled them out too. The nine patch squares are made with fabrics that have dinosaur fossils on them. The centre is a panel. I need to order a border fabric and I have found some on Etsy that I like. Then this quilt too needs backing and batting. My son is patiently waiting for it to be finished. :)
Just this morning I finished this Valentine's Day pillow and I plan to write a tutorial for it this afternoon to post here on the blog. It's my first tutorial and I hope to have it ready for tomorrow. :)

** UPDATE** I finished my tutorial! :) You can find it here or click on the tutorials tab at the top of my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I want to do the String of Pearls, but highlight different Asian prints. Your's turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that first quilt top is fabulous!! you haev been very busy indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. It means a lot that you took the time. :) I have turned off word verification to try to make commenting easier for you. This means I now must limit who can comment to registered users.